Today I met a man, whom reminded me of a man I met years ago. These men are good men at heart, or so I think; but thats not the point. The point is that these men are confused, they are wrong and for that I pity them. They talk of the end of days and they are full of conspiracy and all knowing knowledge. They have done all the math and seen the signs and those signs say that the end is near. they have seen that there are 6 stars on the top and 6 stars along the bottom with 6 lines between them on the back of a 2 euro coin, accompanied by the woman riding a bull on the opposite side. They think that daniel prophesied that the great white snake is North America, That the oppression of Israel started with the appearance of Allah. That there are aliens, that there are secret societies lurking around every corner and that because of the era they grew up in they know and you are too young to understand.
The end might be near, it might be tomorrow. (Matthew 24:36-44) No matter how much reading, how much math no matter what you think or what era you were born in you will never know the day or the hour that we will be taken from this earth. Now aside from that all I really want to tell these two men of God is that they have a fundamental misunderstanding of the bible and the God who wrote it. While scary imagery is always used when talking about the second coming of christ; (Rev 19) but just because Christ is coming back as a badass doesn't mean it is going to be horrible. If we are counted among the followers then we will not have the mark of the beast on our forehead and we will be watching from the sidelines with popcorn in one hand a foam hand with a hole in it on the other. Get it its a hand with a hole in the middle, because its repin Jesus. I for one am excited as hell to see the rider on the white horse. I have revelations 19:11-21 tattooed on my chest because I always want a reminder that when Jesus comes back, its not the caucasian surfer Jesus on the wall of the prayer room of my old church. Its the Jesus whose robe is dipped in blood; the Jesus who has a tattoo, who pulls a sword from his mouth. When Jesus comes back he will right all the wrongs that have been done in this world... ever... all of them.
Aside from all of that he is the Jesus that is going to bring about new Jerusalem. He is going to bring it crashing down onto new heaven and new earth, and whether you think we will be cherubs or if we will just start a new existence like in C.S's Great Divorce, I don't really care. Why you ask? Because Im going to be hanging with Jesus!!!! No matter how horrible a live Ive had here on earth; doesn't matter. No matter how hellacious my death, poor my burial, My resurrection will always be through Christ. If I believed writing in all caps meant shouting I would be doing it right now because I am so excited. Oh and did I mention eternity? Ya thats a thing in heaven too.
I dont fault these guys for not thinking the way I do. Its more that I feel bad that when prompted I don't listen to what Paul wrote to Timothy in 1 Timothy 4:12, that just because they are my elders doesn't automatically make them right, nor does it mean that I as a young man don't have some wisdom to impart on an older generation. I'm going to go read Revelation 19 now because it gets all my excited juices going. Ill proof read this later.
No comments:
Post a Comment