Friday, September 14, 2012

In referance to God advancing the kingdom.
        "Please, dont miss it because the American Dream seems a reasonable substitute, countering the apparent downside to living simply so others can live at all." - Jen Hatmaker
7 an experimental mutiny against excess

The first time I read that I read it as a responsible substitute. A responsible substitute for advancing the kingdom of God. When I think of the resposible or the reasonable substitute i still think of the same thing i think that is a shitty excuse for a substitute. Here are some facts about the reasonable substitute.

There is the idea that in America we have so much money that we have enough money that we invent things to spend our money on, instead of using our money for useful things. Didn't really say that very well, basically instead of helping the poor, or doing something about world hunger, we just invent things that we "need" so that we have something to do with our money.
I will now bring to your attention things that should not have been invented or purchased with money that could have go towards doing anything good for the planet.
1. This computer that i am writing $1500ish dollars 
2. anything that is sold at a state fair
3. ass gaskets (toilet seat covers)
4. bum hole bleach (had a table of 5 talking about it in the bar tonight)
5. lazer hair removal
6. disposable vibrating razor heads... with 5 blades, because you'll believe anything

when most people live, yes live on less than a dollar a day i am proud of myself when I leave the house and make it back having spent less than a $20, and sometimes thats just going to work and coming home. Don't get me wrong I love my beer and I would count myself among the hypocrites I have an Iphone 4s, I have numerous Leather items that are not cheep (most gifts) so understand Im saying to me as much as Im saying this to the no one who reads this blog (I've told no one about) we need to be different. We need to be better, we need to be globally conscious and forget about invisible imaginary lines on a map, and start thinking about humans. We need to change who we are because the american dream, is a nightmare I am afraid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment