Monday, September 24, 2012
"Death is forever, it can wait its turn." -Robert vaughn "Excuse Me For Living"
Death is forever, and that includes those of us who are both, waiting for the second coming or plan on seeing the gates of pearl when we get to new zion. Death is forever and unless you are someone who is just so existential that the great commission doesn't apply to you because its all just meaningless in the end, then there is a whole lot to do before we see the rider on the white horse. Don't get me wrong sometimes I lay awake at night just thinking of how I want to see the whole scenario go down but until then I will have to deal with living here on creation. And honestly I don't think thats all bad, in reference to life for those who are in christ.
"This is the closest to heaven you will ever be and the furthest from heaven." -somebody
I think a big part of being on creation is making it what you want to be, and doing what you want to do. As a christian I am commanded to carryout the great commission and make disciples of all the nations, but how and when I do that is up to me, and what I fill in the in between with is also mine to choose. Recently I either started writing or finished writing a post about the grass being greener on the other side. If you are the other person along with my wife who reads this blog then I'm sorry if it was really long winded and scattered. The main point was that I don't think its so wrong to think the grass is greener on the other side and its exactly that mentality that causes us to cross the bridge. or maybe that wasn't the main idea but it is now. The grass being greener is what makes some think that the access to clean water, or food should be the same on either side of any bridge and thus we get our world changers. Others that they could do a job just as well as a man and 50 years later we have women CEO's of numerous fortune 500 companies. But I think this includes the smaller things as well.
"IF YA HEAVY, WALK HEAVY. IF YA SKINNY TURN TO THE SIDE. BE WHO YOU ARE" -Harvey Carey
My wife and I recently attended a wedding that was deemed the wedding of our generation. Based solely off the fact that we didn't know anyone whom we knew. I.E all the people we don't like weren't there. We deemed this wedding as such because we knew of a slew of weddings to come that would not only be attended by people who we don't like, but officiated by pastors whom we don't trust or believe in, later we will be forced to attend a wedding in which we don't believe in the marriage. And thats just within the next year AND just weddings let alone all the social situations we will run into that we wont like, and why? Just so someone can see us for a brief second on their special day that they wont remember by morning. This has recently gotten fairly ranty hasn't it? Sorry ill try to tone it down. We should be who we want to be.
If death is forever and can wait its proverbial turn then who's turn is it now. "Its Gods turn man, just give him a chance to change you." -my hippy self. Well he has made a change in me and I don't believe that it is to waste my time doing things that put me in a sullen mood. Ya I pay my taxes and go to work when Im employed (...to Caesar what is Caesar's) but the rest of my time Im not giving to God. Im giving it to things that I don't want to do. Like weddings, job hunting and insurance shopping, politics watching or unrest about the things that matter but aren't getting done. Mosquito nets for sleeping, diatomaceous earth, wells aren't being dug fast enough. Yet here I sit typing on a computer that cost enough to buy mosquito nets for 150 families, complaining about how I have to go to weddings.
If death is waiting, shouldn't I be doing something with my time? Shouldn't we all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment